- Young: 24 – 32
- Affuent: 130k+ salary
- Adventurous: travel often + interest in adventurous trips
- Safety is number one concerns?
- When safety is ensured, what is the next criteria?
>> Details of individual interviews this week
Highland Capital Partners Mixer Event – Feb 2
Interviewees matched target market criteria
- Product Managers at Startup funded by Highland Capital
- Investment Professionals
- Ideas are interesting
- Need to find a compelling way to deliver safety
Management Consulting Managers
- Often take advantage of companies travel policy to visit countries around current project.
- When not booking through company travel agency, they often book hotels and flights using membership points collected from business travel.
- Leverage network of co-worker in local office for travel information
Private Equity Associates
- Specific safety concerns (taken hostage, armed assaults, … )
Senior Engineer at Large High-tech Companies
- Hard to form a small group because it’s hard to reach consensus from different concerns
- Despite traveling a lot, still have a misconception about safety in Middle East
Some choice quotes followed by our interpretation
- “I do not want to do tourist-y things” | A need to experience the local culture and not be treated as a tourist
- “I have thought about the middle east but I do not know what all to do when I am there” | A local knowledge which is not easily available to the enthusiasts
- “I dont want to do the same things that everyone else does” | A similar need to experience the culture, no cookie cutter packages
- “I want to explore, but safely. Like taking risks with my time and money without taking a risk on my life” | A need to go off the beaten track and experience the culture. An adventure but not in the dictionary definition
- “I have done these things already, I find that for me to be interesting,they have to be different” | A need to be given something unique in terms of the value proposition